NO TO NATIONAL PARKS
DID YOU KNOW that this area may shortly be designated a National Park without the consent of local people?
WHAT THIS MIGHT MEAN FOR YOU:
- An increase in your rates to fund set up and running costs
- A diversion of funding from other hard pressed government departments for the same purposes
- An increase in regulations including further restrictions on planning even for extensions or alterations
- An increase in house prices affecting young people in the area
- Farming in the area being burdened by more regulation and inspections.
- Effective rule by an unelected body with little or no local representation and wide reaching influence.
- Trying to live, work and run thriving businesses in an area where the aim and focus of all use and development is conservation
IF YOU OBJECT
- Attend a public meeting to be held at 8pm on the 14th of November at Sheskburn Hall, Ballycastle. Minister Alex Attwood will be present. Also present, those who reside and operate buisnesses in National Parks from the Tourism, Retail & Farming Sectors